New state-of-the-art facilities and equipment
More than $241 million has been committed to the Dubbo Hospital redevelopment by the NSW Government across four stages. Stages 1 and 2 were officially opened in 2016, Stages 3 and 4 are currently under construction. A $35 million Cancer Centre will also be opened in parallel to Stage 4, with services to be opened by the end of 2020.
The redevelopment of Dubbo Hospital has been designed with the most up-to-the-minute advancements in medical practice in mind. The facilities are world-class. These include:
- 6 ultra-modern Integrated Digital Operating Theatres
- A new 32-bed Surgical Inpatient Unit
- A new and expanded ICU/HDU, and 20 Bed Coronary Care Ward
- A new Cardiac Cather Laboratory (Future Angiography Suite)
- A new $35 million Western Cancer Care Centre including Radiotherapy Bunker, PET CT, and Medical Oncology.
- A new Maternity Unit, Birthing Unit and 8-bed Special Care Nursery
- The only Respiratory Lung Function unit in Western NSW
- The only public EEG and Nerve Conduction clinics in Western NSW.
- A new Renal Dialysis Unit to accommodate the busiest Renal Dialysis service in Western NSW.
- A new Emergency Department to accommodate the busiest trauma centre in Western NSW